Monday 29 September 2008

Tit for Tat


Second only to my collection of spank journalism was my horde of game guides and books from Japan. Or 'Mook' as those wacky guys would call them. I was never sure if Mook was a new term for a game guide or just the result of a dodgy translation by some kid on work experience. When I used to flat share with Paul Glancey I kept my stash of game guides, art books, and prized one-off-the-wrist material hidden in a cupboard. Using markers and small strips of paper wedged into the doors I was able to discover that wandering hands had been hunting for my tug tomes. I had to bring them out of hiding to stop Paul wrecking the sleeves of my expensive imports. Japanese books had wraparound sleeves which always got wrecked when people tried to slot books back into the shelf, forcing them down and ripping the covers. Thanks Paul! You owe me a copy of Pure please. 360 version thankyou...

1 comment:

Damien McFerran said...

Tug tomes! LOL!

I have a few 'mooks' myself, but nothing as impressive as that collection.