Monday 11 August 2008

Jimmy loves the Necrons

I recently had the desire to resume my long, lost artwork career and spent the afternoon trawling through the dusty loft looking for drawings and rotring pens. I can't put my finger on why now, 20 odd years since I last drew pictures for Games Workshop, do I want to draw monsters again but I'm going to crank at least one picture out. Just to see how it turns out if anything. It's unlikely to look like the old material as everything is painted nowadays, even the black and white pictures. So, that rules out the insane detail and fine crosshatching I used to employ. Whatever I can muster up will be posted here for your amusement. I've chosen the GW Necrons as the first subject of choice and picked up the book from the store just the other day. Necrons kinda look like a cross between Terminators and robots from the Matrix

4 comments:

Tears of Envy said...

Wicked! Can't wait to see the results. I always loved the stuff you did for GW, with the images in the Realm of Chaos tomes being particular favorites. - TAMTAM.

Gary Harrod said...

Glad you liked them! I'll be posting the results as soon as I have something finished!

Damien McFerran said...

Post something up then Gaz! :P

Chevalier Nain said...

Some of your old fans from the Realm of Chaos days of GW are chomping at the bit here. I just went through the first RoC book last night, specifically looking for your work, all top notch!